RedHat Ansible used for many varied dimensions of automation is being adopted and stands to be one of the prominent choices both in Cloud and/or On-prem Automation platforms
What if we have some automated code review tool which would review the basic linting as per the rules defined in config files?
What if we can do Continous Integration - unit testing for every commit of ansible automation using this tool?
Without further ado, let us see what it is..It is ansible-review
ansible-review is a code reviewing tool for reviewing ansible roles, playbooks and suggest improvements as warnings. This enforces coding best practices that are to be followed across teams which helps us meet global vision for every tool developed, which is code compliances for easy maintenance and re-usability
ansible-review is capable of below:
- integrated with GIT results
- configurable rules for identification and suggestions
Latest version stands to be 0.13.9
- AWS console login and an EC2 instance with linux
- Ansible installed in the instance
- Login into the AWS account
- Start the EC2 instance and connect to the same
- Obviously, we need ansible config setup ready
- install ansible-review