In this series, let us see how Amazon Redshift 'Resume' option works
- From the AWS Amazon Redshift Console, select the Cluster that needs resume, Action -> Resume
- On selecting 'Resume', we can see three options for Resume screen which are 'Resume Now', 'Resume Later' and 'Resume on Schedule'
- Let us see how the 'Resume Now' works which is initiating a 'Resume' operation on Redshift clusters at once, on selecting this option
Amazon Redshift cluster being resumed on selecting 'Resume Now' option
- 'Resume Later' is to set a timing basically a date and time along with a IAM Role, which will have permissions to access Amazon Redshift clusters and schedulers
- 'Resume on Schedule' is to setup a cron scheduler for 'Pause' and 'Resume' separately and this scheduler will stop cluster(s) as per this defined schedules. Clusters on environments other than PROD can utilize this feature to 'Pause' and 'Resume' clusters on daily basis, stop on week ends and/or public holidays when teams are not accessing